Doing some research for my characters, I stumbled across some MBTI posts about what certain types think about all day. And naturally, I looked up my type but I couldn’t find a post like it. So I said to myself “hello, you’re a writer. You write it.”
So here it is. In case you were wondering, here’s my take on what us INFPs think about all day.
- What should I do with my life? What’s the best way to save the world?
- I can definitely make that look better.
- I really hope I didn’t offend anyone.
- I should be neater. Hm. Oh well.
- Am I doing something meaningful with my life?
- There’s got to be a better way to do this. Maybe like this. Or like this. Or this or this or – wait, what was I doing?
- Can we go to another museum?
- I should help that person. I don’t know them. But I should help. Shouldn’t I? Or is that weird? I don’t want to make them uncomfortable.
- I didn’t do anything incredible today. I’M A COMPLETE FAILURE!
- “How am I doing?” I don’t know if you really want to know. And I don’t want to burden you by oversharing. Maybe I should just say “fine.”
- That poor coffeemaker. It sounds like it’s gonna die. Must be a rough life, making office coffee every day.
- I can’t wait to get this done so I can read.
- Did anyone else notice her reaction? She was really upset. Someone should do something. Should I do something?
- Where’d my pen go?
- Wow. That’s such an inspiring story. I should be more like that.
- Did I forget to eat lunch? I should eat something.
- But why do I get to eat food when other people are starving?
- How can you not support this cause? Or that one? Or that one?
- Ooh, that’s colorful. Can I try it? Can I have it?
- I want to tell you what I think, but you didn’t ask so I probably won’t. But it’s a really great thought. I’ll write it down.
- Must try harder to be perfect!
- If my best friend asked me to bury a body, not gonna lie, I’d show up with a shovel and some chocolate.
- I would be so much more creative if I didn’t have all these restrictions.
- I hope everyone at my party gets along okay.
- Why is my closet empty? Dang it, did I forget to do laundry again? That’s okay. It’s just a creative challenge. I’ve got this…
And here’s a little INFP humor from Oddly Developed Types (created by Anna Moss).